First Time Buyers
At YourHome we understand the difficulties involved when purchasing your first property; though that said, it should be an exciting process!
Our aim is to make your property search & purchase as simple as possible by increasing the number of properties available for, and best suited to, first time buyers.
We do this by ensuring the following :
• Our properties are realistically priced.
• First Time Buyer Incentives.
• We can recommend high quality mortgage advisers to find you the best deal
• Ongoing contact / support throughout your purchase
• Professional contacts from Solicitors to Kitchen Fitters.
• By keeping up to date with Government incentives to point you in the right direction
The Costs Involved – The First Step
• The main cost involved with purchasing a property is the deposit. Today a typical deposit will be around 10%. Therefore if you are purchasing a property at £100,000, you typically require a £10,000 deposit though recent government led schemes are allowing first time buyers to get a foot on the ladder with as little as 5%.
• Stamp Duty – This is usually a charge that would equate to 1% of the sale fee for purchases between £125,001 – £250,000. Again this is money that has to be found prior to the purchase.
• Survey and Finance Costs – There are often costs linked with the mortgage of the property. We have appointments available with independent financial advisors who are well placed to go through the costs involved in buying your first home.
Nationally, the average age of a first time buyer is now 38, requiring an average deposit of £33,883 to buy their home. In Lincoln, property prices are some of the most reasonable in the country, therefore, twinned with some of the incentives available, we have properties to purchase starting from a deposit requirement of just £4,000.
If you are a first time buyer, keen to take the first step onto the property ladder, why not have a chat with us. Call us on 01522 620 510 – We will be happy to help you find a property which ticks all your boxes!